Image Map

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Mommy-Daughter Date

These little beauties needed some Mommy time, and this Mommy needed some time with her girls....
 
 
Time is flying, they're growing up on me, and I'm just not ready! It's hard not to get emotional when you feel like you blink and your babies are now 1st and 2nd graders.  I hate it.  I miss the days of little chubby toddler legs and giggles and picnics outside during the summer.  I loved every minute of being a stay-at-home Mom to these girls, and now that they're in school and I'm working, I miss the time we had together. 
 
The girls' last two days of school were half days, and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to spend some time with them.  I took off work, and we made plans to make the day all about them. 
 
They made the decision to eat at Mi Hacienda for lunch, and this Mom almost choked when the waiter came to take our drink order and Presley decided to order an alcoholic beverage! The waiter and I looked at each other with big eyes, and I said, "Excuse me?"  Presley just smiled up at the waiter, pointed to the picture of a blue martini and said, "I want this one!" LOL...the waiter just laughed and said, "Honey, I don't think you're quite old enough for that one."  So what did Presley do? She pouted, in good ole Presley fashion, of course!  Come to find out, the only reason she wanted it was because it was blue.  Can you blame the girl? Who wouldn't want a blue drink? Ha!
 
After lunch, we did some shopping damage at Claire's.  The girls both had gift certificates to use from Christmas, and they both got brand new sunglasses.
 
Next, we were off for haircuts with Aunt KK.  Makenzie sat down in the chair and told Katie she wanted her hair cut, and she didn't mean just a trim!  She told her exactly how she wanted it. It took us forever to get her hair to grow out and thicken up a bit in the first place so I just kept repeating to myself "choose your battles..." and gave the go ahead to Katie.  I knew I had nothing to worry about...Katie's great, but this haircut sure did make my little girl look a lot older :(


 
She loves it though, and that's all that matters.  It's only hair after all...right?

 
Yep, I'm in trouble...she thinks she's a teenager.  With the haircut and new sunglasses, the jewelry, and the new shirt (all of which she picked out on her own because she is cool like that-according to her), she really does look like a big girl.  She reminds me all the time that she is no longer a baby, and she talks like a little adult, but I keep reminding her that she is still my baby, she always will be, and she better just get over it. 

 
On to pedicures...gift certificates again, thank God! There is no way I can afford to keep our nails/toenails manicured and polished for the next 15 years.  For three of us just to get pedicures it was $75, and we didn't even get to the fingernails!  Better get used to doing them ourselves or Wayne will go broke trying to keep us pampered and stylish!
 
The finished product....

 
Presley, the free spirit that she is, decided one color on her toes just wouldn't do.  She had to have three!  She was very specific about which order the colors would go in as well. 

 
Makenzie on the other hand, went in knowing exactly what she wanted as usual.  She picked out her colors and gave specific directions to the manicurist.  Cheetah print :)  The design cost me an extra $5.  Go figure...she is definitely my child.  I can see our future now, and it's not going to be pretty (or cheap).
 
We so very much enjoyed our day together.  We laughed and hugged and just had good quality time.  Memories that I won't forget, and I hope they never will either.  Thank you Lord for blessing me with little girls :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear from you! Comments are always welcome!

 
Image Map