Image Map

Monday, August 24, 2009

Cooking With Mommy

My girls love cooking with Mommy! They beg to help me with every little thing so we've spent a lot of time together in the kitchen lately. They wanted pancakes this time and of course they wanted to do everything by themselves!


They each took turns measuring out the ingredients and stirring. Then they took turns flipping the pancakes and putting the butter on them.




I have to tell this because Wayne and I find it so ironic. Wayne and I like different types of syrup on our pancakes. I guess we both like the syrup we grew up eating so we've bought two different kinds of syrup since we got married. When the girls were old enough to have opinions, we asked each of them which kind of syrup they wanted. Both bottles were side by side on the counter, and Makenzie picked the syrup I eat (Blackburn's) and Presley picked the syrup Wayne eats (Log Cabin). They've eaten their pancakes this way ever since.
I also noticed later on that for some reason Presley started refusing to eat salad. Makenzie has always eaten ranch dressing on hers (like me) so I'd always put ranch on Presley's as well. After we found out they liked different syrup on their pancakes, I decided to try putting Thousand Island on Presley's salad (like Wayne) just to see if she would eat it. Wouldn't you know, she ate every bite of it! How crazy is that? Presley also loves squash, ocra, and fried green tomatoes (like Wayne) and Makenzie doesn't care much for them (like me).

I am really beginning to enjoy my time at home. I NEVER thought I would say that, but after being home for a couple of months now I'm loving it. It's still hard some days especially when it seems like all I ever do is clean up mess after mess, Makenzie refuses to take a nap and acts terrible for the rest of the day, or when they've just been fussing and fighting all day and I feel like I've been run over by a truck! But then there are days where we play tea party, have picnics, read books together, go to the library, have playdates, the list goes on and on, and I think to myself how lucky I am that I have a wonderful husband who provides for us in such a way that allows me to stay at home. Knowing that I can stay at home with my girls if I choose to has to be one of the greatest blessings God has given me. I am ashamed to say that I have stubbornly rejected the very thought of being at home, but God has shown me lately that I can make a difference in my own home just as well as I can in a classroom. I do hope to teach one day, but for now, I am right where I'm supposed to be, and I couldn't be happier.




2 comments:

  1. Oh, hip hip hooray! If I were a cheerleader, I'd do a cheer for you! I'm so happy that you've found happiness in being home with your girls. There's no sweeter place in the world in my opinion, and I'm so glad God has provided for y'all! I know it's hard for you at times, believe me, my life is neverending cleaning, feeding, refereeing (s/p?), and being exhausted. But like you said, the playdates, picnics, fun times with tea parties, holding my sweet babies whenever, and all the fun times we share is more than I could have ever asked for. I'm so thankful to be home, and it would kill me to have to go to work and leave these precious times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN to the frustrating parts of staying home! Boy do I know those, but on those days i really try to remember the good times and the things that I would have to miss if I were working....hang in there and enjoy all the good moments!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you! Comments are always welcome!

 
Image Map