Image Map

Friday, August 6, 2010

Being Sick is NO Fun... :(

Our house has been under complete quarintine for the last week...or so that's how it felt to us!  Presley started off our little round of sickness with a slightly elevated temp last Monday.  By Tuesday, she was fine and back to normal.  I shrugged it off as one of those little fever virus things & proceeded to take both girls to the Movies to see Toy Story 3 on Wednesday.  Halfway through the movie, Makenzie climbed into my lap complaining of her head & tummy hurting, and by the time we left, she had a temp of 101.  I ended up taking her to the Dr. on Friday morning because her temp had reached 103 several times & she didn't seem to be getting any better.

Lo and behold, the child had strep so we were given a round of antibiotics.  By Monday morning, still no change and the fever was inching it's way up so we headed back to the Dr. again.  I made them run tests & it was still strep, but she needed a different antibiotic.  By the time we got home, Presley was running a temp again and the cycle started all over again lol.

We've been fever-free for three days now thank God! The girls and I are both going stir crazy from being stuck at home for so long!  Not to mention the fact that I've felt like their getting sick was COMPLETELY my fault.  You see, ever since the girls started taking vitamins from Melaleuca this past year, they haven't been sick.  They've been completely healthy.  Well, when I placed my order last month for my Melaleuca products last month, I didn't realize the girls were getting low on vitamins.  By the time they ran out, I didn't want to place another order with just a week a little over a week left in the month, so I just let it go.  Needless to say, within 3 or 4 days of being off their vitamins, they were sick!  Yep, I know...I'm a terrible Mom & I knew better than to let them go without vitamins.  Ugh...Mommy learned her lesson-no more skipping out on vitamins for my girls!  We got our vitamins in on Tuesday, and I immediately gave them both their vitamins.  By Tues. afternoon both girls were fever-free & have been since.  Coincidence, maybe? Antibiotic, maybe?  Vitamins? Well, in my opinion they definitely helped!  Melaleuca has changed our lives in more way than one, but the best thing about shopping with them is that they keep us healthy!  Thank God I found that store!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear from you! Comments are always welcome!

 
Image Map