Image Map

Monday, May 21, 2012

Kindergarten Graduation

Wow...where has the time gone?  It's hard to believe that Makenzie is 6 years old and graduating from kindergarten.  Maybe my hormones are off from having Avery, but I really didn't realize how emotional I would be this week!  I fought tears all week as Makenzie's class celebrated graduation.  Looking back at the time she's spent at SCS and how much she's learned not to mention how much she's grown, just blows my mind.  I just happened to walk into the gym at school one morning the week of graduation, and I watched as Makenzie's class led the entire school in worship.  The kids were practicing for graduation, and I stood there with tears streaming down my face as they sang.  Hearing the entire school join them was amazing, and I could feel the Lord's presence surrounding us all.  I walked out of there that morning thanking God for SCS, the teachers and staff, who so diligently show my children the love of God each day. 



Graduation was adorable.  The teachers went above and beyond to make it a special occasion.  They asked each child what they wanted to be when they grew up and then took their pictures (portraying themselves as teacher, firemen, etc.) and framed them to display.  Makenzie of course wanted to be a hairstylist like her Aunt KK.  My little fashionista insisted on wearing gold sparkly shoes with her graduation gown lol.  Love it!


Makenzie received a special award for memorizing over 50 bible verses this year.  They sang the songs they'd learned and recited a poem about the place they'd go (based on Dr. Seuss) then we watched a video with their baby pictures and scenes from the past year.  I'm surprised I kept it together throughout the whole thing lol.  Such a great night!

Makenzie, Mommy and Daddy are so very proud of you and the young lady you're becoming.  Hearing you quote scripture and watching you sing blesses us more than you'll ever know.  We hope you'll continue to grow in the Lord and continue to "do your best work" in all that you do. We love you sweet girl!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear from you! Comments are always welcome!

 
Image Map