Image Map

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Avery is 4 Months Old Today!

Time is flying by, and it really needs to slow down! I can't believe how big Avery is getting and how much she's changing.

We are soo in love with this sweet baby girl! She is the happiest thing ever, and I couldn't be more thankful that she's as easy going as she is.  She will never have to question if she's loved! Between Wayne, both girls, and myself, she gets enough kisses to cover her from head to toe (daily!)!

She's just as precious when she's sleeping!

This little stinker is still just as serious as ever and refused to so much as grin at me this morning when I took her picture. She got shots two days ago and hasn't been feeling the greatest since :(

Miss Avery now weighs 13 lbs. 6.4 oz. and is 26 in. long which means she's gained nearly 2 lbs. and grown 3.5 in. since her 2 month appointment! She's in the 95th percentile for height and the 90th percentile for weight.  Makenzie's baby book is stored in the attic so I couldn't check it, but I did check Presley's to see how they compare, and at this age Presley weighed a pound more than Avery, but was 2 in. shorter.  In fact, Presley wasn't the same length as Avery is now until she was almost 9 months old! Wow...


And this is the face she gives me when she is sick to death of me trying to take her picture! LOL

Here are some things she's done lately:

  • Squealed with delight
  • Made a laughing sound (although it's not quite the belly laugh I'm waiting on)
  • "Talks" to us
  • She is sitting up really well assisted or in her bumbo.  Her doctor says she has a strong back and will be sitting up quickly.
  • She found her feet and loves to try to play with them
  • She can use her hands pretty well and has mastered pulling her pacifier out and throwing it at me!
I can't wait to see what she does this month! I do hope she'll slow down and be my baby for awhile.  She reminds me so much of Makenzie as a baby.  Makenzie was very serious and curious too, and she did everything really quickly- she sat up alone at 4 months, crawled at 6 months, pulled up at 7 months, and walked by the end of her 9th month- so I won't be surprised if Avery does the same.  I have to say I hope she takes her time though!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear from you! Comments are always welcome!

 
Image Map