Image Map

Monday, August 20, 2012

First day of School 2012

My goodness where has the time gone?  It's hard to believe I have a first grader and a kindergartner! The girls are so excited about this year of school, and they were even more excited about seeing all the friends they've missed over the summer. 



While they were excited, they were both a little nervous too.  Neither really knew what to expect with new teachers, and for Presley especially, new friends.  Presley ended up in a class this year with no one from her class last year, and she was NOT happy that she and her best bud Jena were in different classes.

They were literally dragging their feet as they walked to the door, but as soon as they got inside and saw all their friends they were good to go!

Presley and her best bud Jena

Makenzie and her best bud Ava

Look how nervous Makenzie looks! It hurt my heart to leave them that morning knowing they were a bundle of nerves about their first day in new classes.


And Presley did NOT want me to leave her!

Thankfully, when I picked them up that afternoon they were all smiles and excited to tell me about their day!




So far so good...they are both LOVING their teachers and classes.  Makenzie gets to go to music this year so the last couple of weeks she has come home singing and dancing to the new songs they're learning.  Both girls enjoy art and are getting to do a lot of that as well.

I do have to mention some funny things that have happened with Presley so far:

The first week of school she came home dressed in different shorts.  I opened her backpack to find her original shorts soaking wet with a big rip in the rear end.  When I asked her what happened she said she was watching the older kids in PE and trying to do what they were doing.  She decided to just do a cartwheel instead and landed in a mud puddle.  Then as she stood up she noticed she'd ripped her pants!

A couple of days later, I got a phone call from her teacher telling me that she had every teacher in the school laughing at her when she asked them each if they'd like to have a tea party with crumpets and tea in a British accent.  Her teacher said they kept making her do it over and over again and that she was just hilarious lol.  I don't know where this child gets her silliness.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear from you! Comments are always welcome!

 
Image Map