Image Map

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Softball

Makenzie moved from t-ball to coach pitch this year, and to my surprise, Presley was allowed to join her team as well! We'd signed Presley up for t-ball, and I won't lie, I was a bit stressed thinking about how on Earth we'd go to two different games and possibly have to play several nights a week, but I didn't want to keep Presley from being able to play. In the process of filling out their paperwork, I had requested the coach Makenzie had last year (she's great!) for both girls because I wasn't sure if the coach would stay with t-ball or move to coach pitch with her niece. 
 
Luckily for me, the people processing the paperwork noticed this detail and called me before making out the teams.  They asked if I would be comfortable allowing Presley to play with 8 year olds even though she was only turning 6, and I said, "Of course! She's as tall and as tough as the rest of them!"  I can't begin to say how thankful I was that they allowed them to be on the same team!  It was quite shocking especially since last year they wouldn't even allow Presley to play t-ball even though she would be turning 5 two weeks after the season started. 
 
 
I love the 2nd picture...it shows just how crazy it can be to get 11 little girls to sit still for a picture for just two seconds.  They were a ball of energy, and I really felt sorry for the photographer! Ha!

 
The girls LOVE softball, and I am sooo glad!  It's fun to see them enjoy a sport that both Wayne and I enjoyed as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear from you! Comments are always welcome!

 
Image Map