Image Map

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Naughty Girls....

The girls were playing in Makenzie's room yesterday morning while I folded laundry in the living room. The telephone rang, and after confirming an appointment I quickly hung up. I realized it was too quiet and went to check on the girls. I found them both not in Makenzie's room, but mine. They had gotten into their makeup and had it all over them and all over my room (my sheets, pillow cases, walls, and picture above my bed). I wanted to be furious, but I could barely keep myself from simultaneously laughing and crying. Makenzie immediately knew I was upset, and when I just sat down in the floor from shock, she came over, put both of her hands on my cheeks, and said, "Mommy, I'm so sorry...I won't do this ever again. Please don't cry." Presley had come over by this point, and she too kept repeating I'm sorry over and over again. They know they're not supposed to play with their makeup unless I'm helping them (I don't like messes), and they had to climb to get it down because I keep it out of their reach so things like this don't happen. Needless to say, I couldn't discipline them the way they needed to be disciplined after Makenzie was so concerned about me so instead I threw every bit of their makeup in the garbage which, in my opinion, was worse punishment..lol. I just had to take pictures of them...that makeup was all over them!

They both have lip gloss.
They had lip gloss and eye shadow all over their faces, arms, and legs. It took me forever to get all of it off of them, and I had to practically scrub them raw.



They, of course, thought they looked beautiful!

Since we're talking about them being naughty, I need to share what they did to my poor Mom a few days ago. She's been keeping them and Britlee at Hanna's house throughout the week, and while she was putting her makeup on in Hanna's hall bathroom, the girls were playing in the floor in Britlee's room while Britlee napped in Hanna's room. Mom could lean out the bathroom door and see the girls, and she kept checking on them every few minutes. Mom's cell phone rang in the kitchen, and she went to answer it, and as quickly as she walked away, my mischevious little girls got themselves in trouble!
Mom found the door to the bedroom shut and locked when she returned, and in a panic, Mom tried to figure out how to open it. Presley was crying inside, and Mom kept telling Makenzie to unlock the door to which Makenzie replied she couldn't. There's no way to unlock Hanna's door from the outside, and Mom was considering having to call the fire department to get them out, but finally Mom told Makenzie that if she didn't unlock the door, she would just have to stay in there for the rest of the day. Makenzie said, "Fine!" and unlocked the door...
THEN....when Mom walked into the room, she couldn't find Presley, but she could hear her whining. She looked over and found the closet door shut and thought, oh no, not again....She opened the closet door to find Presley sitting in a baby bath seat (made for babies between 4-6 months old). Presley looked up at Mom with tears rolling down her cheeks and said, "I'm stuck!" Mom tried every way possible to get her out, but she was really stuck. Again, Mom began to panic, thinking again that she was going to have to call the fire department!
Instead, she called my Dad who luckily was in Starkville that day. When she told Dad that he needed to come to Hanna's and maybe even bring a hack saw, he just laughed. When Daddy got to Hanna's and tried to get Presley out, he couldn't budge her either! He got his pocket knife and whittled away the back of the bath seat until they could pull her out! Once she was free of the seat, Presely wrapped both arms around Daddy's kneck and said, "Thank you Popa, I stuck!" Are they naughty or what? I think my Mom was ready to throw in the towel that day! ;)
As a side note, I realize I haven't been able to blog often. Things are just so busy right now, but I had some time today which is why there are 3! I'm trying to catch up.... Now, we need prayers! Wayne and I are leaving on Wednesday for Jacksonville, FL for a cruise to the Bahamas. We haven't taken a vacation (just the two of us, for more than one night) since Makenzie was four months old. After the stress of last semester, we felt like it would do us both good to get away for a bit, but after last week and all the mischief our girls got into, I'm a little afraid to leave them for a week! Please pray that we'll be able to enjoy ourselves and de-stress and that our girls will behave themselves and make it through the week without injury!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear from you! Comments are always welcome!

 
Image Map