Image Map

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Daddy's Little Girl

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a Daddy's girl...big time! Growing up, I gave my Mom a hard time (regretfully), but I was all smiles when it came to my Dad for the most part.  I felt like I could talk to my Dad, and we could have a real conversation.  He made sure that I knew that I could talk to him about anything, anytime, and for that I am truly grateful.  He used to always tell me, "You are so stubborn and headstrong! Right now, it gets you into trouble with your Mom, but one of these days it will take you far."  Ha! He was right though.  If I decide to do something, you might as well get out of the way, because I'm going to do it, and I'll put everything I have into it to make sure it goes the way I want it to lol.  I guess that can be a good and bad thing ;) 

As I got older, my Dad would take me on "dates".  He made sure to spend time with each of us kids, and we loved the one-on-one attention.  Except for the time he took me fishing and "thought" he'd turned off the electric fence before telling me to grab it and lift it up so that we could take the boat under it...ouch! LOL

Seriously though, I honestly think I have one of the best Dads in the world.  You can say you do, but don't bother because I will argue you down ha ha.  My Daddy is an amazing man, and I'm so very blessed to have his Christian example, his love, and his guidance still today even now that I'm grown. I can still call my Dad for advice or ask for his help anytime and know that he'll be there.  My Mom used to tell us girls never to date a guy that we couldn't see ourselves marrying, and I took that to heart.  I definitely wanted a husband who compared to my Dad, and I am thankful that I was able to find a husband whose morals/values were similar.  I love that my hubby and Dad get along so well, and that my hubby enjoys talking to my Dad and seeks his advice on things as well.


So, Dad, on this Father's Day, and everyday, we honor you.  Thank you for the sacrifices you made for our family, the ones you still make :), and for the love you show all of us each and every day.  We love you so very much!

I can't end this post without wishing my hubby a Happy Father's Day as well.  Wayne, you are an AMAZING Daddy to our girls.  I thank God for you every single day, and I love watching you with our girls.  Thank you so much for being the man that you are.  I love you, and so do our girls!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear from you! Comments are always welcome!

 
Image Map