Image Map

Friday, April 1, 2011

Mommy Bootcamp

Ugh...this is seriously how I feel lately! Like I'm in bootcamp.... 

Image via Google Images

It was definitely time to take my life (and my body) back so a little over a week ago I went hardcore.  Yep, I had to give up a lot...including bread, red meat, sweets, and everything to drink but water.  I've been exercising EVERY day without fail, and I am proud to say that in one week, I've lost 6 lbs.!!

I feel like I'm starving to death!  Literally...lol.  When I make up my mind to do something, I do it.  Sometimes, I even take it a little far.  I'm sure I went from eating 2000 calories or more a day to maybe 500.  I know that's not good for me or my metabolism, but I was trying soo hard not to eat anything bad that I realized I wasn't getting ENOUGH calories either.

Which brings me to the point of this post!  I was talking to my friend Angie about this the other day and telling her I just am NOT good at counting calories or making sure I'm getting the recommended 1200 calories per day, and she told me about an AWESOME website that keeps track of all of that for you.  You simply put in your height/weight and it tells you your recommended calories for the day.  Then you log the food you've eaten-and guess what!!!??? Everything you can think of is already in their database. So, it tells you exactly how many calories, carbs, sugar, etc. is in what you ate.  THEN, it subtracts it from your daily total so you know how many calories you have left.  How cool is that???  You can also log your exercise each day.  The site is interactive so your friends can see how your doing and help hold you accountable.  There are TONS of other great things here as well...I could go on and on. BUT, the best part is that it's absolutely FREE!! Yay!

What's the site you ask?


You MUST check it out!

Once you get logged in, send me a friend request! I'll be glad to partner up with you guys to lose some weight :)  My User ID there is jessi01.

I received absolutely NO compensation for this post.  This is my exclusive opinion and this is just a site that I couldn't help but share!

3 comments:

  1. First off congratulations on taking that first step! Second Congrats on losing 6lbs in a week, that's awesome. I started losing weight in Jan and have been going on from there. There's a few groups I could recommend, one is on twitter #mamavation (www.mamavation.com or even www.bookieboo.com) I started following them at the end of Jan and they are a great support group. Like you, I tend to go all the way or nothing and at times a bit too far too. Hubby got on to me because I was eating below the 1200 calories for a bit but he never allows it if he catches it. :)

    I am on MyFitnessPal (homemom3) and would love to be friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I was going to be a little worried about your 500 calories. Glad you are up higher than that now.

    I need to look into that site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use loseit.com. I lost 15 pounds last summer, but fell off the wagon! I'm getting back on track this week, and hope to lose more.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you! Comments are always welcome!

 
Image Map