Image Map

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things! LOL




Words can not describe the love I have for my sweet girls! I am filled with laughter all day as I play with them and watch them interact with each other. They are a mess, and lately they've been saying and doing some pretty hilarious things! They love each other sooo much and play so well together, thank God! Presley is cutting all four molars at the same time so she has been drooling like crazy which is why the front of her shirt is so wet in the picture above. She no longer "walks", she runs-everywhere she goes, no matter how close or far away! I get so tickled at her when those little legs go high-tailing it down the hall or through the living room. She and Makenzie play "house" all day with their babies, and Presley has started adding more and more words to her vocabulary. Her new words are baby, puppy, cool, whoa, wow, and sissy. She also has started to sing songs like "Old McDonald", "Itsy Bitsy Spider", and the "Sha La La" song off of the Little Mermaid. She's always dancing. She also surprised me today when she went to the wall, put her head against it, and said, "one, two, three!" then ran off. I was soo in shock at her counting that it took me a minute to realize that she and Makenzie were playing hide-n-go seek! Amazing!
Makenzie loves to sing and dance as well, and she'll be starting ballet and tap lessons later this month. She's sooo excited! She's also finally fully potty trained...yea!!! As for the funny things she's been saying and doing...just to give you an idea, last night while we were eating dinner at church she told me she had to go potty. When she was finished I was pulling up her pants, and she said "Mommy". So I said, "What?", and she said "Mommy". Again I said, "What, Makenzie", and she said, "Mommy". By now I was getting kind of frustrated so I looked at her and said, "Makenzie what do you need?" She looked up at me with that mischevious smile on her face and said, "I just driving you crazy, Mommy!" I stood there, mouth hanging open, trying not to get tickled, wondering where in the world she had picked that up! THEN...this morning when she woke up she came into the living room to get her cup and watch cartoons. I went to get Presley up and change her, and when I came back in I noticed Makenzie had something around her mouth so I asked her what she'd been eating. She told me she'd had cookies. We ate dinner at church last night, and I'd made chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies among other things to take with us, and Wayne brought them in last night and sat them on our table. Apparently, she climbed up to the table, saw the cookies, and decided to eat as many of them as she could because when I looked to see how many there were, she'd eaten all but one chocolate chip cookie and the remaining oatmeal cookies! So, needless to say, I guess she had about 3-4 cookies for breakfast! Great! I had to explain to her that she has to ask Mommy first before she gets something to eat and that we don't eat cookies for breakfast...oh, the joys of parenthood! :)






0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear from you! Comments are always welcome!

 
Image Map