Image Map

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Makenzie's 5th Birthday Party

My big girl is turning 5 on the 13th, and I can't believe it!  She's growing up WAY too fast- I don't like it at all!  Gone are the days when she let me do everything for her, gone are the days when I could pick out her clothes for her.  She has become an independent, sassy little thing who has very strong opinions!  SHE has to pick out her own clothes, SHE wants to do her own hair, and SHE thinks she's big enough to wear make-up!  Oh my!  She's into "big girl' jewelry, peace signs, and cute headbands.  She loves sparkly clothes and shoes, and she LOVES to shop. 

I took her to Claire's the other day (her favorite store), and I turned around to find her standing at the counter with both hands full of things.  I asked her what she was doing, and she replied, "I'm shopping!"  I laughed and told her that I could see that, but I didn't think she needed everything she had in her hands.  She just looked at me and said, "Well, Mom you have money!"  By this point everyone in the store was giggling, and I had to explain to her that while, yes, I did have money, that didn't mean that she could always buy anything she wanted.  I then proceeded to give in to her and let her get what she wanted...yep, she won!  LOL...I couldn't resist her sassy little self, and she reminds me so much of me!  I had to agree that the things she picked out were pretty cute!  Before you think I'm teaching my child to spend frivolously, let me say, she did have to use a gift card that she'd received for Christmas to purchase the majority of her items.  What did my little diva end up with you ask?  She got herself a peace sign purse, a peace sign scarf, dangly earrings, and a super cute headband!

For her 5th birthday party, she really wanted to skate so we invited all her friends for some fun at Skate Oddessy on Saturday for some early celebrating.  She had sooo much fun! 


Eating pizza with all her friends


The birthday cake!  It was soo cute! I'll post a better pic of it when I find time to download it off my camera, but Hailey at Cups-N-Cakes did an AWESOME job on it!  Makenzie LOVED it, and it was super yummy!


Playing Limbo with her friends


Makenzie and Addison skating

Thanks to everyone who came and made Makenzie's day so special!  She had a GREAT time with all of her friends, and on the way home, she was already planning her 6th birthday party LOL.  Slow down little girl!

Her "real" birthday is on Thursday, and we'll be celebrating with cupcakes at school so there will be more pics to come!

Jessica

4 comments:

  1. What a darling! I bet she had an awesome birthday! And she sounds like me when I was little kid. I loved peace signs at that age haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. man it goes so fast doesn't it! My daughter will be five this year and it seems like I blinked and it was here! beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello..first time visiting and i like your blog.. following you..i m a single mum with 3 grown up kids.. by the way, can you drop me an email? I would like to share some reviews with you..

    reanact@gmail.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is she! I was such a girly-girl and when my daughter gets a little bigger (she's 18 months now) I am sure I will totally cave when she asks for jewelry, hehe.

    New follower from the Totally Tuesday Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you! Comments are always welcome!

 
Image Map