Image Map

Friday, May 6, 2011

For Moms Who Mean the World to Us...


Meet my Mom (she's going to kill me for putting her picture on here lol)...and yes, I know she looks incredibly young to be the Mom of a 28 year old.  How lucky is she??? 

Seriously, I could never thank my Mom for everything she does for me.  She raised me in church and prayed for me, she made sure all my needs were met, and she has been there for my children when I couldn't be due to work or school. I hope my girls will know how blessed they were to have their Onda keep them instead of having to go to daycare, and I hope they appreciate her sacrifices as much as I do. Mom, we love you more than words can say, and we are so very thankful for everything you do for us. 

The Bible says  "Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. Her children arise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her. Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."  Proverbs 31:10, 28-29

If I were only allowed to say one thing about my Mom it would be that she loves the Lord.  I truly believe God has given her the gift of servitude.  She goes out of her way to show love to others by the many things she does each day whether it's helping a family member, talking with a friend, sending a card, taking food to those who are sick, teaching Sunday School classes, or taking care of her grandchildren even when she is beyond exhausted. It really would take me forever to list out everything she does! 

So, Mom, I hope you know that your works do not go unnoticed or unappreciated.  I am proud to call you my Mom (even when we have our differences), and you truly are more precious than rubies.  I love you.  Happy Mother's Day!

I can't end this post without mentioning the other Moms in my life as well.  I have two amazing Mother-in-laws who are wonderful themselves.

Thank you both for being generous of your time and love, and for helping us raise our children to know and love the Lord.  We love you both VERY much and we are extremely blessed to have you both! 
Happy Mother's Day to you too!!

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet! I stumbled upon your blog via someone else's blog and it's beautiful! I am your newest follower! I love the tribute to your mom and other moms. I write a humorous blog about the joys, trials, and tribulations of being a mom at www.misadventuresinmotherhood.com -- I'm a stay at home mom to a 5-year-old boy and a 16-month old girl, and I write funny blogs to keep me laughing when I feel like pulling my hair out sometimes! But my blessings have been great, and I am glad to meet you! I'd love it if you'd stop by my blog sometime.
    Have a blessed day!
    Smiles, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this just goes to show how much staying at home with my kids has turned my brain to mush... my little boy is 4, not 5! My goodness! I think I should have had more coffee this morning! LOL -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also wrote a post about my mother. It is nice to find a blogger close in age.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you! Comments are always welcome!

 
Image Map